What do I need to access the character creator?

Hello, I’m coming from the Stormlight Archive RPG kickstarter and I’m hoping that someone here could shed some light on how Demiplane works before I commit to pledge. In order for me and all of my fellow players to use the character builder and character sheet would I need to own the player handbook and have a nexus subscription? Someone on the kickstarter said that I’d only need the subscription but that doesn’t sound right to me. If I don’t need the source book to create a character then is there any point in me buying one besides getting an upgraded version of the pdf?

Thanks for your help.

Generally…

If you own the book. You can use tue components of that book in the character creator for that system

If you have a subscription. You can share your owned content with your players/friends.

So… i have bought the books my table use and i have an active subscription. Thus my players use demiplane for free.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to Demiplane, Hyph!

Sklore is correct. :smiley:

You would want to the content itself (the Stormlight Handbook and any other book you may wish to have for Cosmere) to utilize the character tools when the full game launches.

If you then have a subscription, you can share all of your Demiplane content across all NEXUSes with up to 24 people of your choice.