Why is the price so high?

If I already bought the PDF at Paizo for a book why do I have to pay the same cost (19.99) for the book on Demiplane? Twenty bucks just so I can read the book in my browser and use options for a few characters?

Hi there! The Connect discount allows you to forgo paying for the content itself, but there is still a cost associated with the Demiplane integration. This cost goes to the resources we need (like the platform costs, and all of the team members) to support these books in our system.

I can just buy the PDF through Paizo and not pay anything extra on Pathbuilder to use the content. Making me essentially pay twice seems wildly out of wack. Your character builder/sheet isn’t any better than Pathbuilder.

You are correct. You can buy the PDFs on Paizo and use AoN and Pathbuilder. If you don’t find the usefulness of Nexus and don’t need to pay them for their hard work… it is completely optional. That’s what this site is… options. I also own many of these books on Hero Lab as well.

Doesn’t change anything.

4 Likes

Or you could do what I did. I purchased the content here, which gives me access to all the digital content, the character builder, a free PDF from Paizo, AND I can share all of it with up to 24 of my friends. I find that is the easiest and least expensive way to do it. Heck, if I wanted to, I could ask my friends to share in the cost since all they need is a free account, but I don’t do that.

3 Likes

I agree. I also find the ability to browse/read content on the go/mobile very useful, and the hyperlinked adventures are much easier to run than when using a PDF.

2 Likes