World of Darkness - Vampire Nexus Update

What’s the old saying? April showers bring May flowers…and sinister horrors lurking in the shadows, secretly preying on humanity. I’m sure it’s something like that.

Either way, instead of May flowers the April showers outside our offices have brought you a World of Darkness NEXUS update. Since we announced the upcoming World of Darkness toolset on Demiplane last November, our teams have been hard at work behind the scenes bringing the Early Access NEXUS to life.

What’s a NEXUS?
On Demiplane, it’s the home for World of Darkness (starting with Vampire: The Masquerade) digital tools and game content–all the things you need to make playing the tabletop game faster and even more enjoyable whether you’re gathering in person with friends or playing remotely.

What’s included in Early Access?
During Early Access, we keep things pretty simple. The NEXUS will include two initial tools, the Digital Reader and the Compendium. The Digital Reader lets you dive into digital versions of Vampire: The Masquerade’s books, enhanced with interactive tooltips, search, and comprehensive links. The Compendium sorts, categorizes, and provides fast access to the rules you and your coterie are most likely to need while you’re playing the game.

What about content?
The Early Access NEXUS we’ll have a set of free content to introduce new players to the game, as well as the Corebook, Anarch Sourcebook and Camarilla Sourcebook available for purchase. When you purchase any content on the NEXUS, it becomes available in the Digital Reader and Compendium for you, as well as the character management tools as they are released (more on that below).

Are we there yet?
There’s good news: our developers are putting the finishing touches on the Digital Reader and Compendium tools as I write this update, and the digital editions of the books are nearly complete as well. Once we hit those milestones, our partners on the World of Darkness team will review them and provide feedback. After we’ve made any updates needed from that step, we’ll be ready to go live with Early Access!

What’s next?
There are two major milestones we’re tackling to take us from Early Access to full NEXUS release–character management and the filling out the rest of the content library. Character management will include a guided character creation system, interactive character sheet, and character advancement and update features. For the content library, we will be digitizing all the other Vampire: The Masquerade sourcebooks and chronicles to give your playgroup even more content to use and stories to experience. When these two elements are complete, Early Access will come to a close and the toolset will move into full release. While we can’t be specific about dates and timelines can change, we are still on target for the full release this year.

So there you have it, in a few short weeks Demiplane will Embrace the World of Darkness in Early Access form, then we will continue on the path to bring the full release to (un)life. Thanks for joining us on the journey so far, and don’t forget to join our Dev Update streams for even more news, live on Twitch every Tuesday at 9 am Pacific Time (GMT -7).

I’ll leave you with a little sneak peek at some Corebook pages that are coming together in the Digital Reader, and I’ll provide another update soon!

15 Likes

My friends and I are so looking forward to this.

1 Like

Why did the Nexus page disappear from the list?

We temporarily took the logo out because it will soon be replaced with a “Vampire: The Masquerade NEXUS” logo without a “Coming Soon” tag in our next major release. :eyes:

1 Like

alright, i don’t know if this is the right place to say it but here goes

as much as i love pathfinder and i appreciate that your making all the rulebooks in it right now (though i would prefer character creation get done but that’s not up to me)

i’m gonna be holding onto my money until VTM comes out, cause it has caught my interest in these recent weeks and i am now frothing at the mouth wanting to get my hands on that nexus, take as much time as you need, i will wait, but i’ll be holding onto money until world of darkness comes to you guys

edit:

to also add is it just going to be only 5th edition books? or will there be something like 20th anniversary options aswell?

As of right now, we only have plans to release WoD V5 content.

We’re certainly very excited about getting Vampire Nexus up and running too! :slight_smile:

Hey just wondering if i would have to purchase the books again for this or is there a way to add my current books? I have the Core rulebook and the Cult of the Blood gods already.

2 Likes

We are currently exploring how we might be able to provide a discount to help fans that already bought books, but that’s not quite ready. Keep an eye out for updates soon! :slight_smile:

Edit: Adam shared this in another post, which is relevant:
"We are working to distribute a discount code that will work on individual books on Demiplane, so you might want to hold off for a few days.

That code would only be active for a short window during the launch to allow for anyone that has already made the purchases to onboard easier.

I hope to have that nailed down soon…many trains coming into the station at once and a few got delayed. Thanks!"

2 Likes

I hope so…the tools look neat, but I already have all the books and really don’t want to pay for them all over again just to be able to use the platform.

1 Like

Same, came in excited now a little hesitant

Quick update that Renegade sent out a 30% off discount code ( VITAE2022) to their mailing list on Friday. This gives anyone that bought those books previously the same discount that fans just coming to the game can secure with the hardcover + digital bundle we provide.

We’re excited to provide this unprecedented kind of bundle with the physical book and digital version…it’s something I’ve wanted to see happen for years. And our hope is this code will reward those early adopters of fifth edition as they onboard to the digital toolset.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Actually took advantage of the book bundle so now I have all of them…I see the character creation tools are still not available (but are listed as releasing this year still) Any updates/ideas of when they might release?

The most recent update for WoD Character Tools is that they will be releasing in early 2023 in Early Access. We don’t have anything more specific than that yet, but we will be releasing a video previewing the character builder tomorrow on social media. Adam also recently talked about this on the World of Darkness News stream on their twitch channel. You can go see what he said there too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any updates on releasing Chicago By Night or Cults of the Blood Gods on Vampire Nexus?

Both titles are easily accessible elsewhere, but continue to remain on preorder on Demiplane.

Thanks in advance for any updates you are allowed to provide.

We’re still waiting on the errata from the team at Paradox.

The flipside to that is that as soon as that errata gets to us, we will likely be the first partner to have it available in any format. I promise, as soon as we have an update, we’ll share it.

3 Likes