Avatar Legends NEXUS • Frequently Asked Questions

HOVER FOR ADDITIONAL INFO

When you initially hover over a text hint it pops up a blank box with a massive height value that goes off the page (guessing an initial CSS value), then changes to a small height (guessing javascript changes the value on load) then changes to the final height. Just have an initial small value that then CSS animates (over half a second) to the final height once it loads otherwise as it currently stands it is very janky and distracting.

The pop up box also often goes off the page (even on a larger monitor) but there is no easy way to scroll down to view more. Feels like you are fighting the page just to view the hint.

The hover hint also generally doesn’t display in full and wants you to click to see more. I don’t think that is really necessary in this case as the hints are typically not very large. It would be more useful to have the full hint load in the currently finished maximum height value it loads and have this scrollable with the option to click to view in another tab.

It is also confusing why you have the load hint on hover and the side info on click as they are essentially displaying the same info in a similar way, might be better just to view one. The side info box might be more useful if you could pin a couple of hints you like to flick between.

ELEMENT LOADING - POP IN / OUT

I noticed a lot of javascript pop objects in/out when an UI element appears on interaction. These pop in / out issues happen all over the interface so there are a lot of elements flashing when you hover or click on an interactive element and I suspect I notice them more as my device has a slower CPU. For instance if the dropdown menu is activated it briefly flashes for half a second additional overlay elements (eg a lock over source content, or highlights over the playbooks). This happens even if you have just viewed the dropdown menu moments ago on the same webpage. This makes the UI feel a bit janky and takes you out of the moment. If you have to do that then it would be better to hide these elements initially and fade them over the top if applicable once the javascript check was completed, possibly even better to have a local cookie checked to do it instantly after the first time and minimise this pop in/out experience. Might be better even just to wait a split second and show it once loaded.

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll add these things to our list for us to review. :slight_smile:

Hello, I was just wondering when the magpie physical books were going to be shiped, and also, for Wan Shi Tong’s Adventure Guide, I dident see a only physical option. Is there one? Thanks!

We only support digital versions of the game, so your questions about Magpie physical books would best be answered by their team. Their discord is a great place for that, and is linked from their website if you’re looking to find answers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m loving using the Nexus so far! The organized techniques are game-changer for me for character creation.

I just wanted to give feedback on two things, really quick.

Right now, when I look up any techniques, they ALL have an asterix next to them. In the corebooks of Avatar Legends, only “rare techniques” have asterixes next to them. So unless I toggle “rare techniques: false” in the dropdown menu, I have no way of knowing, at a glance, which techniques are rare and which are not.

Secondly, I have no way of knowing, at a glance, which source books the technique I’m looking at is from. Unless I use a dropdown menu to filter a sourcebook out. I would like to be able to look at a technique and have some sort of visual cue or text saying which corebook I can find it in, in case my GM asks. I wish I didn’t have to use filters to find that information.

We’ll look into both of these things and see what we can do that makes sense to display that information visually.

We’ve got the asterisks updated for only rare techniques. Thank you for calling that out!

Currently in the Nexus character creation material it says that you can download all playable material and playbooks from magpiegames.com/avatarrpg. However the playbooks are not there. I reached to Magpie and they said that the playbooks are located in the DrivethruRPG libary that you have access to if you bought it there. They said that you are a separate tool and that I need to reach out here if I want to get character sheets through my access to the material here. Is there any hope of having access to playbooks if I only unlocked the material here or do I have to wait for the character creation to go live?

The playbooks do exist in our rules compendium here.

However, I see what you mean about versions of the playbook that are optimized to be used as a character sheet. I’ve reached out to Magpie, but since it’s after hours (and it’s already past my bedtime), I likely won’t have an update until tomorrow. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Playbooks are now freely available along with the play materials on the Magpie website. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the quick response and fix. If you could pass my thanks along to Magpie’s team as well that would be greatly appreciated. I am so excited to try this system and we are having our session 0 tomorrow so this is great news.

2 Likes

Thanks, Joshua! Very impressed with Demiplane as a service thus far. Your prompt help is very appreciated! RE: my request for visual information, I realize I didn’t word it the best way.

I’m mainly looking for a way to tell if a technique is from the main corebook or the Wan Shi Tong’s expansion. That way, if my GM says “you can create characters, but only use techniques from the corebook because we’ll be going to Wan Shi Tong’s library during the campaign. You’ll have the opportunity to learn those techniques at that time.”

A way to easily filter out the Wan Shi Tong techniques from the corebook techniques, or vice versa, would be helpful.

I would also love a way to view, for example, earth bending techniques, but filter out special techniques like metal bending techniques, in case I’m just looking to create a general earth bender (who cannot metalbend or do seismic sense, etc. Only basic earthbending.) and I want to view all my options at once, without seeing any techniques that don’t apply to my earthbender.

But right now, I can only use filters to choose the “form” and the forms are seismic sense, lava, and metalbending. I don’t have an option to filter out special forms and only see “normal” earthbending, to my knowledge.

I see what you’re saying. I use the NEXUS primarily on my browser, so it may be a little bit of a different experience because of screen size, but the filtering should let you have some granularity in what you look for. We are, however, trying to improve the way that information is displayed to make things more clear (such as with those asterisks and with labels for special techniques).

I’m dropping a screenshot here of what the advanced filtering looks like for me, when you click the filter button, because I can sort out things from just the core rulebook, or things from the Wan Shi Tong’s adventures. If you select multiple listings, it gives you a toggle button for AND/OR logic. I use this to flip between core book and Wan Shi Tong options.

We’ll certainly take this feedback into consideration as we improve the tools, but for the time being,
hopefully having the special techniques clearly labeled should help you skip over them quickly even if they still appear in the list for now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My Avatar Legends NEXUS activation code doesn’t work. I might have activated it earlier if it was available long before Magpie Games’ November 10th Avatar Legends update email went out. (It’s kind of hard to keep track of everything when it’s three different websites and 38 update emails thus far). I do already have the Core Book in my Demiplane account, but Wan Shi Tong’s Adventure Guide seems to be missing as I only have a supplement for it.

Each Wan Shi Tong section is it’s own “book” on the Demiplane side. Can you check if you have access to the adventures? If so, in addition to the supplement you linked, you should have all the content!

Quick links for you:
Earth and Root
Fire and Brimstone
Ash and Steel
Air and Wind
Water and Mist

2 Likes

Oh, I see. Yeah, I have them all. Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

Good afternoon, I was a supporter of the Avatar Legends kickstarter campaign, and I received my code to redeem the Avatar Legends NEXUS tools here at Demiplane.
However, I am not able to redeem the code, when I type it in the Redeem Kickstarter Code location, the message “Sorry, this doesn’t look like a valid code. Please try again.”
I’ve tried several times to insert my code, and in several ways, copy and paste, typing, on the computer and on the cell phone, but it’s not working.
What should I do???
I need to redeem this code by December 31st,

Hi hanji, could you please submit a ticket letting us know the email address associated with your account and our team will take a look. https://support.demiplane.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I’m a kickstarter backer, but my code does not work. It says: “Sorry, this doesn’t look like a valid code. Please try again”. How can this be solved?

Hi camps, please submit a support ticket so we can look into the issue and assist: https://support.demiplane.com/hc/en-us/requests/new