Confusion on buying from from Nexus & Pazio

Perhaps not, the Abomination Vault vtt code isn’t showing as available unless you go for the full bundle. Don’t really want to buy it twice

3 Likes

Here you go. They have it set up weirdly.

https://paizo.com/products/btq02dso

The codes by themselves show up as unavailable for me too. But as long as you have the pdf… you can put it into your cart and buy it. I just bought Gatewalkers… and it shows up as unavailable.

1 Like

OK that was a fiddly process, the option for the vtt code did indeed appear after I’d bought a bundle on here, went for the Gatewalkers part 1 as it looked interesting and less expensive than Abomination Vaults if it all went pear shaped.
Getting the code into Forge and uploading to Foundey was fun too, had to get a bit of help from them un uplpading the whole data folder instead of just my new game world. Lots of nice people here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay! On the bright side now you know the process… so it should be easier.

Sorry, this is disappointing. I’m simply not paying twice, maybe when a 3e version comes out fresh…wish you all the best for success…

2 Likes

The more I think about it the more curious I find the notion of paying twice. It’s like saying that because you bought the pocket edition you should be able to get the hardcover for a significantly reduced price. Yes, they have the same textual content, but they are not the same product. You are essentially buying a different edition.

1 Like

Maybe they need a Movies Anywhere kind of system for TTRPGs… haha

To have everything compiled in a single website, you mean?

I’m actually just joking… because that is what some people seem to think already happens. That if you buy Savage Worlds on DTRPG… that means you also got it on Pinnacle’s shop.

Though admittedly they are a poor choice… because if you back their Kickstarters you get both. But the point still stands.

1 Like

It’s a shame there isn’t a reverse upgrade option for stuff bought on Paizo to be linked to its counterpart on Demiplane, like the Foundry VTT only codes on Paizo’s store where you have the PDF content already.

1 Like

You mean like buying an access key for Demiplane directly from Paizo?

2 Likes

Or some way for Demiplane to check if the customer has the source pdf on Paizo.com and just charges the difference.

Demiplane already has Paizo connect which gives you a discount for the sources you already have as a PDF on Paizo.

1 Like

Really? I have some of the lost omens stuff and it was showing full price on demiplane

Have you connected the accounts and/or refreshed the connection?
You can click your profile icon from the nexus > click account settings > click sync accounts > paizo connect.

Every pdf I own shows an adjusted price except for Abomination Vaults, even after I refreshed my linked accounts. I am really happy with demiplane and paizo and cant wait for what comes next

Yes, this is a known issue caused by the way that Paizo Connect interfaces between our system and Paizo’s. Since there is both a compiled version and a version where all titles are separated out on Paizo’s site, we are only able to connect to one of the two listings. However, if you submit a support ticket, we can resolve the issue manually if the discount isn’t showing up automatically. https://demiplane.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new :slight_smile:

1 Like

the difference here is they are both pdfs not a website that contains the content in an easy to read format and a pdf, which people maybe don’t understand.
You could use all kinds of analogies of course like buying something from any store and you should just get it for free if you walked into a different one because you already own it…the difference of course if buying digital vs physical content.

2 Likes

As others have said in different places it’s really like going out and buying the pocket edition and then thinking going to get a discount on the hardcover because you already bought the book.

The difference here is you get the pdf with your purchase on demiplane or if you already have the book then you get a discount on the demiplane version, your not paying full price again for digital content. You didn’t get this with DDB at all since they don’t do PDF’s.

3 Likes

They helped me when I ran into this, too. Great support!

2 Likes