Pathfinder Nexus - Feature Request Dream Wall

We have an extensive roadmap for Pathfinder Nexus, but feel free to share your wildest dreams (big or small) here for what you would like to see!

1 Like

I’d love to eventually see an integration with Pathfinder Society. It’d be nice to be able to track my Prestige and Fame as well as Boon sheets on my characters. Ideally this would sync with Paizo’s PFS system and mark that adventure as completed for that character so future GMs can vet my sheets through both sites.

10 Likes
  1. I would like to see the primer removed if the core book or whatever series of books you all felt was necessary, we’re purchased.
  2. It would be nice if you could click on the pictures to make them pop out to view them.
  3. The ability to pin the my library view so that the web page is still able to be used would be useful. Currently clicking off my library closes it.
  4. The ability to bookmark a page or location of a book. If I’m reading and have to stop, I’d like to be able to pick up where I left off.
  5. The reader doesn’t have a back button. If I click a link in the text I jump to where ever that may be. I don’t have a way to easily get back to where I was.
  6. I know we are a long way off from having an official app, but I really really hope the app allows us to download books just like DDB with a check every so often to see if we are allowed to use it.
  7. If using the my library, it would be nice to have a search bar near the title of the book.
    (this would only be useful if my library acted independently of the rest of the page. As in suggestion (3).
5 Likes

Hello there, I’ve just read the announcement in the Paizo newsletter and signed up on demiplane. I was wondering one thing:
Will we be able to buy each feature of a book individually like on dndbeyond? This is maybe the best feature over there: If I need one special thing from a book (a subclass in 5e for example) ĂŤ can just purchase the specific feature/spell/item/rule and if I decide to get the rest of the book later, the individual purchase prices are deducted from the full book, so I will never pay more than the price of the book.

I think this could translate very well to this platform, where I could decide to just get the Magus Class and it’s feats from SoM for one of my players before the start of the campaign and two monsters from a bestiary for the next session.

This would reduce the amount of money people would have to spend up front and I know at least I have bought a lot of 5e content on dndbeyond I would not have bought if that feature would not exist.

2 Likes

will we be able to modify ruling for things for players if it says by gm i am only asking since i would like to be able to use the ADOPTED ANCESTRY feat with any race but it says only common races

A login system that (1) recognized me as an account user every time instead of half the time and (2) didn’t auto-log me out every 5 minutes, ruining my long forum post or account bio setup.

2 Likes

Hello @phoenixdblack!

Yes, component-level purchases will be introduced as we get into character management. We’ll share more news on that as we get later into Early Access.

Thanks!

5 Likes

That kind of flexibility is on the list, yes.

1 Like

Sorry you’re running into issues - we’re recovering from some authentication server load issues…the traffic today was a good bit higher than our highest estimates, but we are working on get everything stable.

Thanks!

1 Like
  1. I would like to see the primer removed if the core book or whatever series of books you all felt was necessary, we’re purchased.

I’m not sure what you mean here - the Pathfinder Primer is a different source that is not equivalent to the Core Rulebook…it is a subset of it.

1. It would be nice if you could click on the pictures to make them pop out to view them.

“Lightboxing” for images is on the list for sure.

1. The ability to pin the my library view so that the web page is still able to be used would be useful. Currently clicking off my library closes it.

On the list!

1. The ability to bookmark a page or location of a book. If I’m reading and have to stop, I’d like to be able to pick up where I left off.

Bookmarks are also on the list!

1. The reader doesn’t have a back button. If I click a link in the text I jump to where ever that may be. I don’t have a way to easily get back to where I was.

Working on this too.

1. I know we are a long way off from having an official app, but I really really hope the app allows us to download books just like DDB with a check every so often to see if we are allowed to use it.

We haven’t finalized how that will work yet, but keep everyone posted.

1. If using the my library, it would be nice to have a search bar near the title of the book.

(this would only be useful if my library acted independently of the rest of the page. As in suggestion (3).

On the list!

Thanks for the feedback!

4 Likes

Books need a link to Archives of Nethys.
https://2e.aonprd.com/
AoN is the official SRD for Pathfinder 2e, containing almost all gameplay content for each official book. It’s worth adding a link to the book’s respective AoN source page at the top of the description for each book’s Details page. Along with acknowledging the official SRD, this will give users a better idea of what the book contains.
Example:

Should it require something cleaner than a literal link to AoN, add a blurb along the lines of “Access rules elements on Archives of Nethys here”, with the text itself linking to the respective source page on AoN, or put said text on a button.

They’re requesting to remove what effectively feels like redundant clutter from the library if the user already has the Core Rulebook in their library. That’s how I understood their request.

3 Likes

Okay, if that’s indeed the case, then I’ll share that we intend to provide some sorting/filtering/display options for the library in the future that should do what’s needed!

2 Likes

Thanks for the request - we’ll take a look at options and see what we can do.

2 Likes

That is exactly what I meant by it

1 Like

I would love to see more hyperlinks and cross referencing in the sourcebooks like D&DBeyond has. With D&D Beyond skills, conditions, spells etc. are all hyperlinked when mentioned in a sourcebook, and if you hover over the hyperlink text a popup appears with the rules for that condition, skill, spell etc. This makes it so easy to reference game rules quickly. I hope as the compendium evolves the functionality of the sourcebooks themselves becomes more robust .

1 Like

I would like to see an option for the Demiplanes we create for our Pathfinder Nexus games to add options for more information posting. Currently, all I see are options for posting Super Events but nothing related to using the Demiplane with a wiki or campaign journal text posting to inform the players as to expectations or story world elements which may be forgotten over time.

I would like to be able to use journal tools to link to my purchased content, so it would allow my players to see the material referenced with a link versus their own purchased content or needing to go off site to see the details. (Would also like to see an option to link to Archives of Nethys as well, but I’m okay with keeping this feature in-house, so to speak.)

I’d an option to keep the title I’ve opened in the library to stay open when I return to the library after clicking away for any reason (such as wanting to post in the Journal section related to the content in the library).

An option to build personal campaign arcs and re-mix purchased Adventures and Adventure Paths, maybe having an option to edit a personalized copy of the adventures in a wiki-like environment without impacting the purchased material without a need for heavy use of copy-paste.

Tooltipped links are incoming soon, as well as other enhancements (like annotations). In other words, this is just the start for the digital reader.

We’ll share updates as we have them, thanks!

1 Like

Some good ideas in here that we have been giving thought to…thanks for the feedback and keep an eye out. Thanks!