Player Core 2 - Support Thread

It’s a big one, folks. The one you’ve been waiting for. Player Core 2!

Please read ahead for some important notes regarding this release.

The Important Notes Regarding This Release

• While the book and it’s contents are released, we are continuing to make improvements! This includes the process of ensuring all legacy content is tidied up and put in cupboards, to be used only when called upon. A big swath of content has already been marked, but in the short-term you may see some almost-duplicates while we finish that work up.

• We will be honouring our remaster project for this title. However, the process is heavily manual, and the folks that do this part of the work are working at Gencon. We expect to have these codes sorted by the end of August.

• Sometimes when a book is released, the Paizo Connect syncing doesn’t reflect that when you go to get your PDF from Paizo. You can refrsh it by going to Account Settings >> Sync Accounts >> Paizo Connect >> Refresh Account and give that a shot. If that doesn’t work, feel free to send us a support ticket and we can help get it resolved!

• You may be looking at Starfinder and thinking “hey, can’t I use this in Pathfinder?” and you’d be right! We discovered a bug prior to release that we have to squash. Once it’s good and flat, you’ll be able to choose to turn Starfinder content on inside of the Pathfinder character tools. (And vice-versa!)

• You may notice that pre-gens are now available in the Pathfinder builder, but remastered versions of iconics appearing in Player Core 2 are not. These will be available in the near future!

Please let us know if you run into any issues or spot something that needs our attention. Now dig in, and have fun with these refreshed rules and options!

4 Likes

I was trying to update my old lizardfolk druid to the updated PC2 lizardfolk. There were very few changes, but it looks like I now have an additional skill (occult) as well as the lizardfolk lore skill. For some reason, it is listing the lore skill as Master. Also, when I created a copy of my character, the Notes in the Notes Tab did not copy.

To reproduce:
In character builder, select Ancestry. Go to Ancestry Feats. Select Lizardfolk Lore. Since I’m already trained in Nature, the only option I have is to select Occult (Is this how it is supposed to work? According to the text, “If you would automatically become trained in one of those skills (from your background or class, for example), you instead become trained in a skill of your choice.” It did not give me a choice.) Next, I get a general feat that can be selected from either Astrology or Lizardfolk Lore. As soon as I choose Lizardfolk Lore, rather than becoming TRAINED, I become MASTER in the lore skill. The same thing happens if I choose Astrology Lore instead… it becomes MASTER.

Edit:
Also Combat Climber is listed at FEAT 5. Should this be FEAT 1?

Why haven’t you updated Paizo sync with ownership of people who pre-ordered?

This should be the first priority. I rely on Paizo sync to get a PDF copy and a discount via FGU.

Because of your incompetence this delays access to content to my players.

Last lost omens drop took 3 weeks to sync into Paizo connect so I’m calling out the incompetence as I see it. Also whenever I make purchases via FGU directly. Paizo connect immediately shows my purchase and lets me grab a PDF.

At 4th level of a Swashbuckler (and beyond) you cannot pick any Class Feats - the screen is blank

Thanks for the release and I look forward to playing a Swashbuckler soon!

Yup. And bummer, since that’s what I’m trying to build! Argh!

Ahoy, mateys! The Level 4 feats be fixed! Ye can now resume yer swashbucklin’ adventures without a hitch!

3 Likes

Hi - Noticed my remastered champion with Psychic Dedication should have 2 focus points but only 1 shows up. Seems to be missing the one from dedication.

Also - I want to add a legacy spell, Mirror Image. On the spell filter to select ‘Legacy True’ it is dimmed and doesn’t allow it?

Can someone explain what the new blue icon indicates? I can’t find an explanation within the tool.

My assumption is Legacy content. Same thing happened with my Lizardfolk druid. My ancestry was remastered with PC2, so the old ancestry was designated Legacy until I updated it yesterday.

edit: you should be able to delete the weapon and then add the updated version to get rid of the blue L.

That worked, thanks! I double checked the stats and flavor text, and nothing had changed.

Sample builds would be more helpful grouped at the beginning or end of the class feats than interspersed in the middle of the class feats, plus a navigation link to them added to the nav menu.

I didn’t realise this would be part of the Remaster Project - does that mean owners of the Advanced Player’s Guide on Demiplane will get Player Core 2 for free? If so, and I went ahead and pre-ordered PC2 not realising this, is there anything I can do about that? I realise there may not be!

@Bearcatbd Hi - Noticed my remastered champion with Psychic Dedication should have 2 focus points but only 1 shows up. Seems to be missing the one from dedication.

We’ll take a look, thanks for the report!

@Bearcatbd Also - I want to add a legacy spell, Mirror Image. On the spell filter to select ‘Legacy True’ it is dimmed and doesn’t allow it?

You’ll need to turn legacy content “on” in the character builder first! You can go to the first page of the builder, below the character portraits, and select “Preferences & Rules”. In there, you can turn Legacy content “on”, which will prevent them from being hidden.

@Velnias Can someone explain what the new blue icon indicates? I can’t find an explanation within the tool.

Yes! as others noted, this is our Legacy content symbol. Items with that symbol either appear because you had the content on your sheet before it was made Legacy, or you’ve turned Legacy content “on” so you have access to everything with that symbol. You’ll also see a green PF symbol if you turn Pathfinder content ‘on’ in Starfinder, and a shiny SF symbol if you do the same in the Pathfinder builder for Starfinder content.

@pr.chrismoore Sample builds would be more helpful grouped at the beginning or end of the class feats than interspersed in the middle of the class feats, plus a navigation link to them added to the nav menu.

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ll look into it. :smiling_face:

@Guybrush42 I didn’t realise this would be part of the Remaster Project - does that mean owners of the Advanced Player’s Guide on Demiplane will get Player Core 2 for free? If so, and I went ahead and pre-ordered PC2 not realising this, is there anything I can do about that? I realise there may not be!

Yes, it is! We’ll have that all sorted by the end of August. :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Just following-up on this. My lore skill on the updated sheet still reads Master. I tried rebuilding from scratch and then the Feat shows level 1 and the skill shows as Expert (I’m still confused about that; shouldn’t it be Trained in Lizardfolk Lore?)

Updated Sheet:

Rebuilt Sheet:

Thank you.

I only see legacy feats for swashbuckler - even at level 1 (via natural ambition). Are they all loaded yet?

@C4mSH4FT Thanks for the update! I’ll make sure to include that in the ongoing investigation we’re doing.

@cyberusfaustus Can you confirm that you’re using the new remastered Swashbuckler, and not the legacy Swashbuckler? If you can drop me a link to the character, I can take a look!

1 Like

Minor one but Champion feat should read “Defensive Advance” but instead title says “Defensive Stance”. It’s not a stance :grinning:

I could not figure out how to be certain it was legacy or not. I had started from an old legacy character and had deselected everything and reselected things, but I guess it was in legacy mode. I therefore have now created a new character and I am seeing all the options showing up. Thank you!

1 Like