Print option

Is there a plan for a print option for the ability to have a paper copy of our characters?

10 Likes

Export options (such as to PDF) are definitely something we’re looking at as development continues!

7 Likes

I can’t emphasis enough how vital that would be. My play group is live at the table and I like to have things analog to focus on play. Having the digital end for character building and reference.
Not to yuck other’s yum but I really don’t want to play at a table where everyone is on a screen and not looking at each other.

8 Likes

Thanks for the response and good luck.

2 Likes

I agree that this would be a huge improvement.

2 Likes

I absolutely agree! That is currently the only reason why we have not yet joined Demiplane as a member. I hope that this feature will come soon.

1 Like

This needs to be bumped up. Excellent print options is so absolutely necessary!

2 Likes

Agree this needs to be bumped up! While I appreciate the ease of making the character, not having a PDF/print/export option(s) is keeping me going back to HeroLab.

4 Likes

Honestly, this should be relatively easy. They already have fillable character sheet pdf, with the right library they just need to setup an export with a 1 for 1 field match in a fillable sheet.

2 Likes

Jumping in to share a couple of things - first, the ability to export a character to a PDF sheet is on the short term roadmap. It’s not quite “on deck” yet, but it will bat in the current inning (for any other sports fans out there).

Second, it is certainly not a matter of difficulty. We know we’ll be able to provide the solution - it’s just (like most things) a matter of focus and bandwidth. The team has been focused on other things, but the PDF export will be part of that focus before too much longer.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I’m already hearing the Calls to War between the factions of The Original Sheet and The Remaster Sheet…

3 Likes

Bumped up.

My playgroups also want to rustle around with the paper in their hands.

2 Likes

So I’ve been advised from several on the Org Play side that a non-offline such as the PDF makes the playtest a non-starter for the animist/exemplar.

1 Like

Any news on this?

2 Likes

Nothing major to share right now. We’re focused pretty heavily on the remaster updates and performance improvements, and I expect that once we have those in our rearview mirror, this will be at the top of our list, or very close to the top. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Bump it up up up. Its the one thing meaning the tool is not getting any use what so ever at my table.

3 Likes

The tools are great for building the characters but we usually don’t keep electronics at our table. Getting a print out would make the character generator far more valuable and a good reason to subscribe. That way my group can track and print out their characters before coming for the next game session.

2 Likes

Please put the character export to pdf top priority :blush:

I am trying to have my friends start using Demiplane, but they mention to me Demiplane is missing the option to export their charactersheet to pdf (for printing purposes). Our TTRPG sessions players use pen and paper since they are already too much on phone and laptop for their work.

PS: Demiplane support all the systems that my friends and I are playing. Except for 1. Call of Cthulhu :wink:

Thank you for your hard work and hope to see the character (sheet) export to pdf soon.

Warm regards and happy holidays in advance,

Pathkeeper

3 Likes

Just adding in here that we also try to keep the electronics to a minimum, and whiile we all love the character builder in Nexus, we need to be able to print/PDF the characters.

Thank you so much for your excellent service.

Exporting your characters to PDF is going to be a priority item for us in the new year. :slight_smile:

6 Likes