Daggerheart Open Beta Launch

Will daggenheart support an inventor(PF) / Artificer class?

Hey everyone, I hope that you are all keeping well.
I’m just getting started and plan on streaming the adventure. I have a quick question is there a press logo for Daggerheart that I can download the only one I’ve found is for candelabra obscure
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tal

1 Like

Hi! I have a question that I was hoping could be clarified. On the Playtest page (Playtest - Digital Reader - Daggerheart Nexus) there’s a section that describes Damage with Modifiers and the example provided is this:

Example: Emerson makes a successful attack with their Improved Shortbow, which deals d8+2 damage. They have a weapon proficiency of 3, so they roll 3d10 damage dice. The results are 7, 5, and 6, totaling 18. They then add the damage dice modifier of +2, and deal 20 points of damage to the target.

The part I am confused by is the description says it deals d8+2 with a weapon modifier of 3. But then they roll 3d10. Are they adding the +2 modifier to make the dice d10’s? Or should it be that they roll 3d8 and this is just a type-o?

Thanks!
Dan

I bet it is meant where something causes their dmg dice to be upgraded and the d8+2 is the normal dice from the Improved Shortbow and the d10 is the upgrade.

You can create a Group on Demiplane and invite your friends to join you in the group to use our voice/video call functionality. :slight_smile:

We’re checking with the team at Darrington Press - it does look like a possible typo to us, so we’re going to get confirmation of what it should be. :slight_smile:

Chrome recently made some changes to the way scrollbars behave and it looks like we didn’t catch that in these places…so good catch.

The scrollbars should be back now. Let us know if you see anything else, thanks!

Selecting a multiclass as a level up option before selecting your original subclass seems to make Demiplane treat your multiclass’s subclass as your main subclass. For example, I was able to make a Wizard whose subclass is listed as a Winged Sentinel, which is a Seraph subclass. Even after going back and selecting the original subclass (School of War) it continues to list Winged Sentinel as the subclass instead of School of War. Choosing the level option to upgrade my subclass gives the specialization feature for Winged Sentinel instead of School of War.

https://app.demiplane.com/nexus/daggerheart/character-sheet/9be258e0-93f3-4b1f-88ea-7aaae3eb9156

Niche case equipment bug and UI fix for the Warrior class:

*The class details say you ignore burden for weapons and can equip primary weapons into the secondary slot.

*Bug: The “primary as a secondary” feature only works if both selected primaries are listed as 1H in the weapons list, even though the equipment screen of the character sheet correctly shows 2H weapons as 1H per the class details on burden. Based on class details, you should be able to (if you wanted to) assign two 2H primary weapons as your 1H primary and secondary weapons.

*UI fix: In character creation, since the Warrior class can select two primary weapons for primary and secondary, it stands to reason they should be able to choose two of the same weapon, e.g. two rapiers, two scimitars, etc. But the UI in character creation requires two unique choices. You can get around this via inventory management on the character sheet, but it’d be nice if the UI automatically allowed users to select two of the same weapon item if the player has selected a Warrior class.

We have just pushed out an update that both solves the issue you have reported Drumzagames, and also now allows you to pick which subclass you want to upgrade when you have multiclassed and go to upgrade your subclass at a higher level.

we are taking a look at this now, thanks for the report.

The description of the Rogue class lists Agility as the spellcast trait for both of it’s subclasses, but the cards for the subclass foundations shows Finesse as the spellcast trait Which spellcast trait is correct?

Good catch! We’re reaching out to our pals at Darrington Press to determine which one is correct.

Could you move the Domain Card selections to the bottom of every level choices since they are actively affected by the rest of the choices from the same level?

Hi! I have a question that I was hoping could be clarified. On the Playtest page…

We heard back from our friends at Darrington Press, and have updated the text. It should be 3d8s! Thanks for catching that.

1 Like

The description of the Rogue class lists Agility as the spellcast trait…

Darrington Press has confirmed that the subclass cards are correct, and it should be Finesse. I’ve updated the other places to make sure it’s consistent. Good catch!

Could you move the Domain Card selections …

Passing this along to the team as feedback, cheers!

Is it intended that multiclassing into Beastbound Ranger only allows you to level up your companion for levels you receive after obtaining the companion?

This seems like an odd design choice since all other features obtained from multiclassing seem to scale solely by the player level (or in the case of domain cards, half the player level) and aren’t dependent on when you choose to multiclass. Multiclassing into Beastbound Ranger seems to be the only time that the order you pick level up options affects the end result.

For example, if you choose to add 2 HP slots at lvl 5 and multiclass (into Beastbound Ranger) at lvl 6 you get a companion with no upgrades. However, if instead you multiclass at lvl 5 and choose to add 2 HP slots at lvl 6, you get an identical character except your companion received an upgrade. Also in both situations you have a much weaker companion then if you were actually a lvl 6 Beastbound Ranger, since their companion would have received 5 lvl up options by lvl 6. This also seems strange since no other subclass’s features are weakened when multiclassed into than when chosen as a main subclass.

Hey there drumzagames!

I can confirm that we discussed this with the folks at Darrington Press, and you indeed only gain those companion level up improvements each time you level up once you have the companion.

However, that’s a thoughtful design commentary! Make sure to include that in your feedback, which you can provide directly to Darrington Press in the “feedback” tab of your multiclassed Beastbound ranger!

This should be fixed! Thank you for the report

I’ll be chatting with the team on this one. We would not want this to confuse people that pick equipment on other classes, but I agree as a warrior I would like to pick two of the same as well!

We have gone ahead and made this change :slight_smile: Thank you for the suggestion!

also included in this update, you can now apply a toggle in the damage calculation drawer for if you are resistant to the incoming damage.

2 Likes