Pathfinder Nexus - Feature Request Dream Wall

Thanks for the feedback - we will share more information on content sharing soon!

1 Like

i am wondering if there would be grouping way outside of a campaign to share content with people like friends who group so they can play with concept ideas they have

I have a fairly silly desire just for aesthetics.

Using the source mode Iā€™d love if the borders on the reader looked like a page.
It might be hard to do, but I really like the page art in the books and it would be fun if they could be represented while looking at the books.

could you add the player guides to the adventure paths since that has some backgrounds an info for the Ap it go with it

i know they are free to download but new players may not know they are out there

2 Likes

We will have ways for players to form groups, and this wonā€™t necessarily be tied to ā€œcampaignsā€ - as Iā€™ve seen in the past that this criteria doesnā€™t fit all the use cases. But weā€™re not ready to share those details quite yet - keep you posted!

2 Likes

I donā€™t think this is silly at all, and it is something we have discussed. If we did it, there would likely be a toggle for those that donā€™t want that ā€œbusy-ness,ā€ so it would take a little more time to set that up, but certainly a possibility for the future. Thanks!

3 Likes

This idea makes a great deal of sense - weā€™ll see what we can do!

2 Likes

the idea behind is that i have a friend i play with an we use herolab an that he doesnt like that he cant make any character he wants without joinin a hosted game where i share my content through the campaign for builder otherwise he would have to upgrade his account an buy all the content i already use just so he can plug in his idea an thinks that just cuz he part of my campaign he should be allowed to it all the time outside of it since i am sharing it

i was talkin also to another buddy about things he would like to see is during making a character have warning like if something doesnt line up with Prerequisites or doubling something like put to many of the same skills in one area like if a class trains u in something an same with a background it would like u know u have doubled that skill or that

Something Iā€™d like to see is if youā€™re using a published adventure and thereā€™s an encounter, you can click on the encounter and the enemies automatically populate into a combat tracker. For example, here I would click on the A6. Fly Pen text and it would pop 2 Giant Flies into a combat tracker with my players

9 Likes

can we on character sheets have it where clickin on the spell or item on tells u stats ranges an that

Yes, tooltips and being able to quickly pull up all the details of a spell or other game element is coming for certain - youā€™ll see this as character management gets introduced later in Early Access.

2 Likes

OMG can we please make this a feature for published adventures and scenarios?! This would make encounter building so much easier!

Tooltips will work for all types of content in the digital reader, including adventures once they are added to early access!

1 Like

Pathfinder Society Org Play has a fairly large Play-by-Post / Play-by-Discord community. I see that you have a PbP section dedicated on your forums but I am not sure how extensive you are looking at it on your roadmap.

Below are a few things that the PbP community uses quite often that would be helpful if we were to run games on here.

• Recruitment forums for PbP with a separate Campaign game page to lead the characters to.
  • The ability to link and pin maps from google drive or unless you will have a map creation tool built in.
  • Ability to create several different characters and link those sheets to a specific game
  • Hidden area for GM information within the PbP game
  • Campaign Page that has all PbP games in one place hat are tied to your account as most PbP players play in several games at once.
  • Mobile friendly PbP features such as a button dice roller. Buttons to bold / spoiler / add links on segments of text as typing in code can become difficult on mobile keypads.
1 Like

I was wondering what plans you may have for sharing homebrew items or topics to the general Pathfinder world?

After using the reader for a few hours today I have a couple of requests:

1. Collapse/hide/shrink both chunky navigation bars at the top of the page. On my desktop, screen real-estate is not an issueā€”but on my laptop, the navigation bars make the reader feel claustrophobic.

2. Provide an option to toggle on/off the reading progress bar at the bottom. This contributes to the claustrophobic feel mentioned above.

3. Change the font of the heading-block class. I find the current scrawling font super hard to read; the fact the text is in italics doesnā€™t help.

4. Make the text in the main-holder class darker. Currently, itā€™s a light grey against a yellowish background: this is a little hard for me to read.

For 3 and 4, Iā€™ve been able to use custom CSS through a browser extension to tweak them how I like though I imagine Iā€™m not the only one struggling with the current styling :slight_smile:

.heading-block {
    font-family: Nunito, sans-serif;
    font-style: normal;
    font-size: 18px;
}

.main-holder {
    color: #424242;
}

Iā€™m excited for the future! This is my first time exploring the world of Pathfinder.

Thanks for the requests / feedback. We are early in our thoughts about what form PbP will take, but this helps frame that discussion. Weā€™ll share more as we have it!

We are not ready to share details on homebrew or community creation yet (mainly because itā€™s not developed and is subject to change), but I can say being able to create custom content and eventually share that with the community is a major priority. Thanks!

Appreciate the feedback.

Regarding the italicized text in the header blocks, we are currently mimicking the format of that text in the books. We see if there are opportunities to optimize, but our general guiding star is ā€œstick as close to book formatting as possible,ā€ at least as a starting point.

And I can definitely get behind a darker color for the body textā€¦weā€™ll make some changes in future iterations to try it out.

Collapsing / hiding UI elements would be something we would address at a later stage in Early Access.

Thanks!