Pathfinder Nexus - Feature Request Dream Wall

Ok, this list is looooong, so forgive me if this has been mentioned:

As a open-game organizer (I’m very active in the D&D AL community in Scandinavia), I greatly appreciate the Campaign-with-shared-content feature of DnDBeyond. This is a good way to “lure people” into the hobby, by flashing what the system can do if you sign up and hand over your first born :slight_smile:

Will we see something similar in Nexus?

//Casper

1 Like

I would like to have an official and at least semi-stable API, so that other platforms (e.g. Roll20, Foundry VTT, Pathbuilder etc.) can use the content we buy on Nexus.

1 Like

Yes, content sharing will be a part of Pathfinder Nexus. We will reveal more details as soon as we are able to do so. Thanks!

2 Likes

+1 - we would like to see this as well. It’s too early to get into any details, but we’ll keep everyone posted!

2 Likes

That’s good to know, thank you. :slight_smile:

Another feature that came to my mind:
I guess we’ll be able to buy adventures and adventure paths here as well.

With the way PF2 works and the tables for monster design in the Gamemastery Guide it should be possible to scale adventures automatically to a desired level range by adjusting the monsters and items.

That would be a huge benefit for those of us who run ongoing campaigns and want to drop in one of Paizos standalone adventures (e.g. a party of level 8 players and we want to run Malevolence for Halloween).

It might even be possible to come up with an algorithm for auto-converting 1e adventures to PF2.
The results probably wouldn’t be perfect, but it’d still take a lot of work off the GMs and be a pretty unique feature.

Wouldn’t that be cool? :smirk:

:zipper_mouth_face:

5 Likes

I spotted a couple of features I would like to request in the adventure portal.

In the Journal: Can we get the option of posting things in different fonts? I would love to post in character text props there and having different fonts would make that a little more aesthetically appealing.

In the Adventure Tools: The ability to host images so I can post thing like NPC’s or maps or the like so the players can reference it later if need be.

Pipe dream for character sheets: The ability to post a link to a character sheet so you can share with folks on twitter or the like.

This is a bit more from a technical point of view.
I know a lot of people want a mobile app.
And personally I would wish for that to be realized with modern browser techniques instead of native apps.

Modern browsers have access to storage on the system to keep even huge amounts of data (like rulebooks) available for offline use. With CSS you can easily support a wide variety of display sizes and resolutions. Web Workers allow to off-load heavy computation tasks to a background thread, so the UI doesn’t hang. Service Workers can reproduce Android’s default repository pattern where you have a local source of data that provides the data to the frontend but also a remote source of data that asynchronously updates the local data as needed.
A manifest can be added that allows users to “install” the website as if it was an app on their device.
And if access to mobile specific capabilities like sensors is needed for something there are frameworks like Apache Cordova that provide these features by wrapping a webpage in a native app.

The advantage of only having an optimized website instead of native apps for mobile devices are simple:

• all platforms are always up-to-date
  • only one code base to maintain
  • developers can use the same languages and frameworks for everything instead of learning three different eco systems
  • time and effort can go into new features and bug fixes instead of re-developing the same things thrice

The disadvantages as of today:

• Platform specific hardware requires a framework like Cordova (note: A/V and GPS work in browsers just fine, so “platform specific” is really only the gyro and maybe biometric auth)

If you take a look at dndbeyond, they went with a native app. And even a year or so after release that app is still nowhere near the website’s functionality. The entire character builder (which is their main feature) is missing. The app provides no benefit at all, aside from caching some data locally. And I’m quite sure developing that app took more time than the hour a webdev would need to store character data in the local storage to achieve the same result.

Thanks for the feedback and writeup…we aren’t quite ready to share full details about our mobile app plans yet, but we are using technology that can be leveraged across both web and app to make parity between the two much easier.

We’ll keep everyone posted when we have more details to share!

1 Like
  1. Gifting players to DMs etc.
  2. Bookmarks and or start off where I closed my demiplane book last session or even between
    flipping through different book. So when I’d go back to the first book I wouldn’t lose my place.
  3. Sales and or Bundles.
  4. Badges for beta testing / early access folks.

I can say that all of these are “on the list!”

2 Likes

@BadEye Thank you very much.

1 Like

Any additional/variant features in Pathfinder would be very helpful to include to help the implementation of them in-game. Variant Rules like 0-level characters, Stamina, etc! Dndbeyond never incorporated things like Spell Points or even basic things like Charms and Boons which was a huge bummer! Sorry to bring up Dndbeyond but it helps with portraying things that I noticed would make the game run smoother.

1 Like

I will be running my next game with ancestry paragon, free archetype, automatic bonus progression, and gradual ability boosts. So if these variant rules are not in the character manager I won’t be using it, and won’t be buying the books here

they will have the the different ruleset

Would love to see a page added for campaigns and adventures that have quick references for important materials such as zoom links, links to create various accounts to access different resources like World Anvil elsewhere on the internet etc. A kind of “syllabus” if you will. I keep having to send all this information over and over to each of my players.

1 Like

It might have been said already but the action on the feats in the feat primer would be great.

Definitely on the list - thanks!

1 Like

I know you’re all busy and I’m impatient but, how about a progress ‘meter’ on certain things?

Such as are you 20% complete the primers. Have you diverted focus away from primers etc.
You’d avoid so many questions with a simple little progress page / meter on certain goals etc.

Kudos for bringing all that lost omens content though and keep up the good work.

For the creature entries in the compendium, will you eventually be editing the stat blocks to include full descriptions of abilities that currently just refer to other creatures with the same ability? That makes a ton of sense to save space in a physical book, but not so much in an online compendium.

Example, In the Ancient Gold Dragon Stat block:

• The Golden Luck ability just says “As adult gold dragon” with a link
  • The Breath Weapon ability says “As young gold dragon” with a link

So if you are running an encounter with the Ancient Gold Dragon, you have to refer to three different creatures