Pathfinder Nexus - Feature Request Dream Wall

No, we won’t be doing anything like a progress meter at this time, a couple of reasons being that with our small team we want to keep as much focus on building the things as we can (as opposed to maintaining the status of the things) and these sorts of things are often confusing or misinterpreted because percentages are hard to know what they mean without full context.

I certainly appreciate the impatience…it’s tough for me to wait on things I want to consume too. We’ll find ways as we advance to communicate our progress, but for now, the Dev Update streams, here in the forums, and our social media accounts are the best way to stay up-to-date.

Thanks!

Yes - definitely on the list as we get further down the road (and will be a requirement for the eventual encounter builder).

Now my only reference is DDB, but hear me out. On the Character sheet, in “actions table” would love to be able to attach ammunition (bolts/arrows) to a weapon in that front page. To be able to easily deduct/add as needed with out navigating to Equipment>containers>open, edit.
Since there’s different kinds of ammo of course, I picture it as navigating to an item in your equipment, and maybe in the customize menu, being able to ‘attach’ to another item/weapon. So that when the parent item is equipped, the child item is also displayed -to be tracked.

Thanks for reading!

1 Like

We should be able to search by page number of the actual books , lots of post on the internet refer to the physical pages that I don’t have because it’s online

Also the search bar at the top should have an advanced options where I can specify what I’m searching for (Rules , monster , class…).
Like right now if I’m searching for conditions because I want the list of possible conditions in the game I get 167 pages or answer that reference every single instances of the word ‘‘conditions’’.

If on google I type – pf2e conditions – I’ll instantly get the link for the page on archives of nethys

3 Likes

Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet, but one thing that would be excellent would be the artwork from the the pawn boxes for associated adventure paths. There is so much good artwork for all the creatures that never make it into the final adventure paths. They normally make it into the pawn boxes but in a very small/almost impossible to use format. Full size artwork to go along with all the NPCs and creatures would be the best. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing - this isn’t a priority for us in the digital format, but we’ll add it to the list for consideration.

And regarding the rest of the search feedback, right now we have an early version of search that hasn’t been optimized how we’ll want it to be in the end. Improvements such as the ones you mention here are on the roadmap for sure.

We will be adding the additional artwork from the cards and pawns over time…I love that Paizo creates artwork for almost every single creature, item, etc. and we have a great opportunity in the digital toolset to leverage that art on all of those game elements. Keep an eye out for that to be incorporated in the near future.

Thanks!

4 Likes

I’d love to see an encounter builder of some kind, with an integrated treasure builder for those DMs who struggle with adequate treasure allocation. Thank-you for all the hard work so far, can’t wait to see things go even further!

2 Likes

I’d like to see a ‘previous creatures’ list when you’re looking up creatures in the compendium.
So you can flip back and forth between a few of them. Maybe a list of the last 5 - 10?

Doesn’t have to be remembered between logins, but maybe it could be.

Or perhaps a compare buttons when you want to compare two creatures.

Thanks for reading.

I’m pretty sure they loosely implied during a stream or two that this is something that is a definite
possibility. For now, they are just trying to get all the ground level basics built first.

However they mentioned working hard on the character builder which would be a precursor to any kind
of creature builder. It’s hard to be patient but so far they’ve been doing a fantastic job.

I recently became aware of something called Bionic Reading. It is a huge help to people like myself with ADHD and other neurodivergent folks.

It makes reading much much easier for us who have issues staying focused. Not only easier but faster. I’m not sure if its something that can be implemented or not but they do have an API for it on their website.

Thank you.

Foundry VTT Content Validation for WOD products. Would pay for the sub to have access to this!

1 Like

Since you’re offering copies of digital content on paizo.com for volumes purchased here, I’d love to to be able to use credit here for volumes already purchased on the paizo.com site that we already have as digital content!

You get a discount on pdfs you have purchases from Paizo if you have your accounts connected.

1 Like

As an active DM, one of the most important tools for me is an encounter builder/combat tracker. That tool on DnD Beyond is one of the primary reasons I keep running 5e, because it saves so much time and effort both in prepping for and running a session. Having a combat tracker that can be easily populated with any and all official monsters plus home-brew, and which allows me to instantly see stat blocks/spells/abilities during combat, is a game changer and hard to give up once I’ve got it.

As a paying member, I really enjoy the content sharing (as I’ve requested before and now gotten, yay :)). However, I’d like a little … granulation added to the content sharing. For instance, I’d like to share certain rulebooks with a given group, but not all rule books, settings books or even adventures or adventure paths.
So a toggle on what to share would be amazing :slight_smile:
//Casper

As a fellow DM I would like to expand on this point by adding that being able to create homebrew items and monsters would be a fantastic feature to have as well. I’m unaware if this is already in the works or if it’s been said but as a DM who primarily plays Pathfinder in his homebrew campaign setting, having this feature would be essential to efficient encounter building.

We do plan to add some granularity to content sharing down the line. It’s not on our short-term roadmap, but it’s definitely planned.

Similarly, both homebrew and encounter management are planned features, and I would expect that using homebrewed options in encounter management would be possible somewhere down the line.

1 Like

I may have missed this in the presentation during PaizoCon, but where in the roadmap is being able to print a character sheet to PDF?

1 Like

It’s on our short-term roadmap. We don’t have a concrete date to share, but you can keep an eye out for updates each Tuesday when we stream our Dev Update on twitch at 9am Pacific.

Perhaps, Nexus can come up with a gift card system, where we can purchase gift cards which can later be redeemed for books. I will like to purchase a gift card for a friend. A gift card sort of like Amazon gift card system.

2 Likes