Pathfinder Nexus Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, I’m aware. You have both pointed out to me that I am not forced to buy the product after I already said I wasn’t going to anyway, as I didn’t think it was worth it in the slightest for the cost. An opinion I am apparently not alone in holding.

You, in turn, are free to continue pointing out the logic behind the pricing structure to potential customers. I believe the fact you have to do that at all is perhaps a red flag, but your apparent refusal to accept feedback, and instead tell people to just “ignore Demiplane and the Nexus” leads me to believe you at least have some business strategy which isn’t apparent to me.

I will happily take your advice and forget this place, but that is a little hard to do when you email me. Honestly, take some advice. Stop and question whether this is the relationship you really want to foster with your user base? If people are telling you there’s a problem, perhaps there’s a problem. No?

Hello @red_bobcat - I’m not sure who you are referring to with the last post, but I want to clarify that no one on the staff here at Demiplane has given any advice to forget anything, emailed you (unless it was an automated notification of a new post you received from our Forums provider), or have attempted to foster anything other than a welcoming atmosphere for our userbase. The replies immediately preceding mine were not posted by the staff, and I wanted to make sure that is apparent.

Regarding your original feedback, thank you for sharing it, and I hope that at some point down the road you can check out what we are doing with NEXUS once we have fully launched and assess whether it is valuable to you and your group at that time.

Cheers!

2 Likes

I suppose I do mean the automated notifications. And I too hope to return and find something here for my play group. Like I say however, the current model of having to rebuy books we already own is just a feel bad. Regardless of what work has gone into making them compatible. Especially at the prices listed, even with the discount. Reframe what people are paying for and you’ll have more interest. People will pay for something new you are providing them, but currently it comes across as having to rebuy something they already have.

Your feedback is noted.

We are committed to providing a great experience at the lowest possible cost - if the realities around how our licensing agreement works ever change, we’ll make updates.

With the response we are already seeing in Early Access, we believe what we’re building will provide worthwhile value for many fans, and we’re excited to be getting closer to that milestone.

Thanks!

2 Likes

You’re buying a different format. Like you have to pay separately for a physical copy & a pdf. Execpt that if you buy here, they give you the pdf too. The value for me is the reformatting to make it actually readable on mobile devices. Paizo pdf’s just aren’t. I’m also lucky I’m that I don’t/didn’t have many of the PDFs until I started buying them on here. Try out buying on here first to get the most value from DP.

2 Likes

Well that’s a little hard to do as I already own the books I want. Which is exactly my point. I already own the PDFs so the value for me would only be in the reformatting and the like. To which, the price seems incredibly steep. Take the Beastiary for instance. The price is $34.99, down to $19.99 as I already own it. Implying that the value of the contents of the book is less than half the price at $15. Do I really think the additional work that’s been done is worth more than half the price of the book? No.

As an existing player I’m not likely to repurchase books I already own, and if I did I’d feel incredibly hard done by at these prices. Thusly I’m disincentivized to buy anything new here, as I’d be buying only additional content without access to the rest of my library. This feels unfriendly to existing players, and it just doesn’t make sense.

And yes, as a few of you have said. No one is forcing me, and if I don’t like it then I don’t have to buy it. To which I say, correct.

I’ve basically said all I can. I feel like my very first post summed up my thoughts. You don’t have to keep trying to convince me, but it has been a pleasure talking to you all

Since this is the frequently asked questions thread, it’s likely that folks will continue to chime in here over the coming weeks and months. If you’d prefer to not receive email notifications or notifications in general for this thread, you ought to be able to mute notifications by clicking the bell at the bottom of this thread. Alternatively, you should be able to change your email notification settings in your account settings.

Thank you for taking the time to come and share your feedback. :slight_smile:

Please, please, ple ….

Do not offer pre-orders like WotC forced DND Beyond to do. I flatly refuse these days to pre-order without previewing what I am getting. I got caught with WotC’s pre-order of Spelljammer only no discover it had practically nothing to do with space travel or combat.

I stopped buying or-order from them, and started to no longer trust WotC after that. Then everything else happened. So far Demiplane is much like DND Beyond was in the beginning. I love the Dev Updates. WotC is an informational black hole.

Once I get caught up on the PF2 books I want/need, finances permitting, I will go back to pre-ordering but I will not do so if means buying pigs-in-a-poke like WotC pre-orders became. A joke imo.

Not sure I’m following - pre-orders are optional (as technically all purchases are), and you can wait until a book is released to purchase it.

1 Like

Agree with you. Infact I’d love for Demiplane to offer rulebook subscriptions like Paizo do for physical copies - if I can get it here on launch day rather than waiting for shipping (like Paizo subscribers get their pdfs) of the pdf launch day, it’s another good justification for the premium on Demiplane purchases!

1 Like

i do the sub from paizo an i actually get my pdfs sometimes a week before release day i get my pdf the day my order gets shipped out of paizo warehouse

1 Like

i will say that paizo does pretty good job of havin bigger youtubers show off different parts of the rulebooks so u can get an idea of whats inside of it

1 Like

I just created my first character after being accepted to test things out-- is there an option to print the character out yet? Tried looking all over but can’t seem to find it…

I believe exporting it to pdf is still on the works. You could try printing the page using the browser function see how that looks.

Correct. Exporting to PDF for printing the character sheet is still in the works. That is coming soon, likely once we reach open beta.

Ah gotcha…sounds good! Thanks for the reply!

I am unable to log into Pathfinder Nexus, but I can with the others. Is there an issue with Pathfinder Nexus?

We have given the Pathfinder NEXUS home page a refresh that includes those “Log In” and “Create Account” buttons to catch the eye of first time users. You should still be logged in and able to navigate to the sections of the NEXUS that you want to either by following the navigation buttons below them or using the menus at the top of the NEXUS. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Josh, It looks AWESOME!

I just loop between these two pages even after logging out, clearing out cache, and using different browsers edge, chrome, and safari.

The other nexus I get right into and have access to my digital content. Pathfinder no such luck

So to confirm, when you land on the Pathfinder NEXUS home page, if you click on the red “Digital Library” or “View My Characters” buttons, you’re not able to navigate to those pages?